ML.3 Effective Managerial Skills
Accredited by: LONDON INSTITUTE OF SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SIGNATURE PROGRAMME
The role of the modern-day manager is far more demanding than it has ever been. However, with the right skillset and psychology for success, it can also be hugely rewarding for both the manager and his or her staff.
This course has been designed to share some of the most invaluable skills a manager can possess in the current business world including areas such as inspirational leadership, how to motivate and inspire your team, verbal communication skills, and how to set targets and objectives effectively.
This programme is delivered in a highly practical way, giving all learners the chance to ask questions about real life business challenges, discuss their aspirations for becoming a better manager and to gain expert advice from our highly experienced business consultants.
|Subject:||Effective Managerial Skills|
Who should attend?
- Managers who are new and would like to learn the key skills of successful leadership, management and team building
- Heads of Department
- Senior Managers
- Fresh Graduates
- MBA students
- Keen learners to Target a Promising Position in a reputable organization
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Set objectives and targets to achieve the vision, mission and goals of an organisation
- Apply leadership skills in their management role
- Motivate people and build successful teams
- Use verbal communication skills more effectively in all situations
Setting Objectives and Targets
- Where are you now and where do you want to be, by when?
- Plan and actions required to achieve these objectives
- Improve organisational, team and individual performance with quantifiable targets
- Monitoring, measuring and feeding-back results
- Vision, roles and responsibilities of an inspirational leader
- Qualities, skills and commitment required
- Adapting leadership styles to different situations
- Overcoming the challenges of leadership
- Factors which motivate you and others
- Achieving organisational goals with a motivated workforce
- Increasing motivation to improve individual performance
- Management skills required to motivate individuals and teams
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals in the team
- Building a strong team which delivers results
- Delegating, appraising, evaluating, coaching and mentoring skills for teambuilding
Verbal Communication Skills
- Structure simple messages using appropriate language and delivery
- Listen attentively to ensure mutual understanding
- Generate productive and open discussions to solve problems
- Overcome the barriers to effective verbal communication